Friday, September 9, 2011

Deciding where to go....

Every Walk around the World needs a map!!!

I would say our first road bump was finding out where to go......So many places, and so little time.

Figuring out where to go and prioritizing what places we've always wanted to visit came through reading other blogs, asking friends who have been to those places, and factoring in cost, time, and weather conditions. Grab some travel magazines, surf some online sites, hit the bookstore and library for travel guides and books, read blogs(those who have gone before), and ask your friends!!

http://www.roundtheworldticket.com/
http://www.thirteenmonths.com/
http://seat61.com/

So... after all the searching we decided....., we wanted to go everywhere! Here is our Travel Map!! We are starting Oct 4th! We fly out and head to Beijing. (Update: Turned out we had a short layover in South Korea and some friends already visiting at the same time so we jumped off the plane to start our travels in South Korea.)


The map doesn't show it, but we are heading to Europe after Africa!

Thanks for all your helpful hints, tips, and travel tricks!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow-that is unbelievable! I am mostly jealous about India! I have several good friends from India and I would love to see it! I will miss you and will be ready to hang out often when you get back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm on-board and ready for the adventure to begin....vicariously for me!
    Love you,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie and Curtis-
    Im so excited for you guys! Love you lots and cant wait for you to get back and tell me all about it! Have fun, stay safe, and take LOTS and LOTS of pictures

    Michelle, Johnny, and the boys

    P.S Shot glasses...lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. so so exciting! I'm so happy that not only do you get to travel, you get to do it together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you're documenting your giant trip! Can't wait to read all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, Julie this is amazing!!!! I am so excited for you guys! I plan on reading all about your trip. Hope that you have an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for walking around the world!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish there was a like button on here! Thanks for reading! It is exciting, and fun to share it with you all. WE have been taking so many pictures...I am going crazy wanting to post them, but the internet is slow at this moment. Maybe in the morning!!

    ReplyDelete