Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quick Airport news

Wowzer, does time fly......hmm...

Well, we flew from South Korea to Pudong Airport in China. The flight was two hours, but we got a full meal. That's how it's done here, and not going to lie, I looked like a starved pig at the trough ... Being hungry does something to a person..., I Heart airplane food...as of late!!!

As we walked through customs we were met by crowds of people holding signs. It looked like  we were walking down the royal hall. I started waving....elbow..elbow, wrist wrist wrist. I began knodding to the left and to the right. I would pause to bow..Ni Hao! Flashes left right and center.

In all reality I looked around saw the people...watched my bag to make sure everything was cinched down, and walked through asking Curtis to take pictures. Anyway, We took the Maglev...?? I was curious too. It's a train that uses magnetic levitation to suspend, guide and propel vehicles from magnets rather than using mechanical methods. Anywho, we were going 431 Kilometers an hour which is in the 250's miles per hour. It was Fast and Furious..with an amusement ride flavor...... While we were INSIDE the train I could feel the speed on my body. I was waiting for my cheeks to start flapping in the air. We DiD tilt sideways around fast corners. It felt like a roller coaster! I LOVED it.

1 comment:

  1. "I was waiting for my cheeks to start flapping in the air." Hahaha! Love your description!

    ReplyDelete