Saturday, October 15, 2011

Shanghai on Wednesday

8:00a.m in Shanghai, China. I had been lying in bed since 6:35 just taking it all in when the sweet smell of Crepes seeped through our bedroom door. I got up and walked into the living room. Kendra greeted me to let me know that breakfast was waiting for ME!! <3 <3 <3
We walked into the beautiful dining area where they have the most beautiful view of the Pudong right from their eating area. Kendra is a perfect host and set the table just beautifully, so we could both have the best possible morning siting of the beautiful skyline. I never loved crepes so much or ate more than one and a half before, but it was like a nonfood to me suddenly (nonfood: food you eat when you are not even close to hungry.) I stopped at three but believe I could have kept going and going, but I knew Curtis would be hungry so…I left some. I didn’t leave enough though..Curtis was left wanting. Kendra took me on an architectural tour of the Bund while Curtis worked…, It was so fun. I remember was I was younger she and I use to discuss the houses local to us and where their origin was from. It was fun to come together on the other side of the world and talk about the Bund’s art history! 

 We toured the tallest building in Shanghai, which is the Federal Building. I guess that's what you do in every big city to see the amazing view.
Federal Building, Shanghai, China
Walking along the Bund at night. View of Pudong.
View of Pudong and the Bund from Federal building
Curtis and Jeff met us for lunch and we went out for Sushi. The Sushi was good, but their tuna was canned tuna, and the cucumbers were replaced with lettuce. Then Jeff went back to work and we toured the Aquarium. 
Awesome Jelly Fish Picture!!! Someone told Kendra that the aquarium was bigger than the Shedd in Chicago, but we decided it wasn't. However, the Jelly fish wall is SOoooOOoo cool, and it made it worth it for me.
This guy is a shark.
Can you say, Holy Awesome picture!! I forgot what type he is.
Wow
Mushroom & Broccoli Jellies
Ha Hah!! I am taller than the Emperor Penguins. Yeah!
I know, I know..it's pretty awesome. He makes millions.
There was also a leopard one. I will eventually create a gallery you can visit.
Kendra and Curtis. He's  soo happy. "I'm in the fish tunnel!!"
Later that night we met up with Jeff and went to the Garden. We ate at a very popular restaurant where we had dumplings also known as steamed buns. On our way home……I found the shopping I had been waiting for!!!!!!!SCARVES scarves and more scarves! We also walked through the back streets of China….. Off to bed, and  off to work for Curtis ….who worked until 3am! He’s amazing!
Me and my favorite person
On the Bund, Pictures of the Alien invaders and the buildings they landed on.
Circular Walk Way
Me walking on the circle walk way.

1 comment:

  1. Who knew that crepes and China went together . . . wait until you get to France - Can you say YUM!!!!!!!!! Glad you are having fun exploring!=.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete